Come sit with me

I love blue, purple and scarlet yarn! I have crocheted most of my life, and when I found out that there were women across the nation who were forming Prayer Shawl Ministries, I became so excited; I started one at my church. The Wednesday devotionals on this blog weave together the art of crocheting and the love of God. Plus there are quotations on leadership, patterns, book reviews, and news from other Prayer Shawl Ministries. So if God has filled you with a love for crocheting & knitting, pull out those blue, purple and scarlet yarns and those crochet hooks and knitting needles and join me.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Washing Instructions


1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

            It’s going to happen.  It's going to get dirty.  Whether it is the fluffy white baby blanket or the bright yellow chemo cap or the lavender and azure prayer shawl; it is going to get dirty.
            So, wash it.
            Put it in the sink filled with cold water and gentle soap or dump it in to a washing machine with harsh detergent.  The solution to a dirty article is to wash it.
            Most articles will come out clean and whole.  Sometimes, the washing process changes the shape or size of the article, but the dirt is gone.
Make sure the recipients of your gifts understand that getting dirty is a normal part of use.  Make sure the recipients also understand that dirty things can be washed clean.
            I live in the world and often get dirty.  The Bible calls this dirt ‘sin’.  I smirk.  I complain.  I criticize.  I forget to pray.  I judge.  I covet.  I get angry.  I doubt.  I worry.  The list goes on and on.  I get spiritually dirty.
            Luckily, I can be washed clean by Jesus.  It's very simple.  I confess my sins, I apologize for doing them, I ask for guidance in avoiding them the next time, and Jesus forgives me.  Sometimes, the process changes me.  But always, I come clean.

I really goofed today, Lord!  I am so sorry!  Help me to find a better way to deal with that situation.  I know there may be repercussions for what I did; let me face those without whining. Forgive me.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment